WHAT IS A HOME CARE PACKAGE
A Home Care Package provides government funded services that will help you to remain at home for as long as possible, as well as providing choice & flexibility in the way the care and support is provided. Home Care Packages are for those with more complex care needs.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
Frail Aged People who have been assessed and approved by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).
SERVICES INCLUDED WITHIN A COMMUNITY AGED CARE PACKAGE
- Personal Care
- Personal Hygiene
- Dressing and or undressing
- Preparing and eating meals
- Sensory communication of fitting communication sensory aids
- Home Help
- Lawn Maintenance
- Assistance with special diets (Meals on Wheels)
- Helping to access rehabilitative support
- Emotional support
- Transportation to the Doctors, Shopping and Social Activities
- Temporary Respite Care
- Minor Home Maintenance
- Social activities
HOW DOES HOME CARE PACKAGES WORK
- Services are client focused
- Services are planned and coordinated to enable clients to remain home longer
- Ongoing monitoring and reviews to enable quick response to your changing needs
- Flexible Service Delivery
HOME CARE PACKAGES WILL EXIT YOU FROM THE SERVICE IF:
- The care client’s personal care needs exceed what care can be delivered
- The care client’s characteristics may change to an extent where the provider believes there is a risk of Physical injury to staff, such as lifting strains, physical violence.
- The clients care needs reaches a level that exceeds the appropriate skills of staff.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION IS MADE UP OF:
- Basic Daily Care Fee (up to $10.85). Based on Home Care Package level 1-4.
- Income – Test Care Fee (up to $31.14)
A Formal income assessment is done
- Additional Fees may apply for services not covered by your Home Care Package
HOW DOES IT WORK
There are Four Levels of Home Care Packages with different funding amounts. These cover the basic support needs through to high care needs.
The package level assigned to you is based on your needs:
|LEVEL 1||Basic Care – $9,026 Per Year|
|LEVEL 2||Low Care – $15,877 Per Year|
|LEVEL 3||Intermediate Care – $34,550 Per Year|
|LEVEL 4||High Care – $52,377 Per Year|